Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Things to ponder and say 'hmmmm'

You can see that I have not been here for a bit, still trying to figure this whole thing out.  In the meantime, a few things have happened that just make me wonder so I thought I would tell you and you can wonder right along with me!

Have you ever wondered why the smell of Thanksgiving never smells like Thanksgiving any other day of the year?  My theory is that it is because you don't have the same feelings about the meal any other day of the year as you do on Thanksgiving.  Next time you decide to cook a turkey-spuds-stuffing etc and it isn't Thanksgiving, check it out-I'll bet you will smell what I mean.

Why is it that when you want the alarm clock to hurry up so you can just hit that button it seems like 5 minutes takes 15, but when you want to sleep an extra 5, it goes off in 30 seconds? hmmmmm

I mentioned my brothers in my profile, the one closest to me is 5 years younger and I will call him RJ here.  He is actually one of the funniest people I have ever met and very witty.  I decided that I am going to start documenting some of his RJisms because they are just too much to pass up.  Here are a couple that have been said recently and now that I have decided to write them down, I have come to the conclusion that maybe he is onto something.

The first one happened while sitting in the doctors office with him, listening to the doctor tell him that his cholesterol is high and he needed to cut some things out.  RJ proceeded to mention that he isn't drinking soda anymore, instead drinking tea/coffee.  He explained that when he has coffee with sugar, he stirs the sugar one way-switches and stirs the other.  Okay, I didn't get it until he said that when you do that the sugar is gone and doesn't count!!!!!  At first I was like, oh RJ, only you would believe something like that, but when you think about it, why do the calories and fat still count when the sugar has melted? 

The next one was actually on Thanksgiving, he called to wish me a happy day, telling me that he was sitting with his cup of coffee, but  he didn't add sugar: his coffee is warmer without it!!!  Again, I cocked my head to the side wondering where in the world does he come up with this stuff. But, wait, think about it, if you are not stirring and creating movement, wouldn't your coffee stay warmer? hmmmmmmm

3 comments:

  1. mom you have too much time on your hands. but I still love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! as i read this i can just see you tell this story! i wish i could just "stir away" things i need to change :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww - The RJ-isms are too cute :) Looking forward to more :) They sound like something that you'd find in the Sunday comics :) And if/when you find the answers to those pressing questions I do hope you'll share them here too! ;)

    ReplyDelete